I hope not to leave any individual or group out in my attempt to thank everyone;
- The Elected Representatives that attended.
- The school teachers of the local schools & the school children from the local schools who were so interested and enthusiastic.
- Those who helped to prepare ancillary displays, took photographs to make a permanent record of the exhibition, carried displays nad business owners who provided free printed materials.
- The Bracken Court Hotel Staff.
- Staff of Balbriggan Town Council and Fingal CoCo who attended and supported the event.
- The families of the Committee members who tolerated the encroaching of ‘The Museum’ into precious family time.
- Staff of the Chamber of Commerce office.
- Those who were active in promoting the event
- The Ministers office
- Local press
- And finally visitors from far afield and the people of Balbriggan who attend in their hundreds.
This was the culmination of 18 months’ work, now we have proven the concept can work we just need to find a permanent home for this unique Balbriggan attraction.
Thank you on behalf of myself and the ‘The Maritime Museum Committee’
Joe English (President Balbriggan Chamber of Commerce)